My Ocean Guardian Journey is a friendly contest that promotes marine conservation and environmental awareness, and allows you to share your journey on becoming an Ocean Guardian. It is important to keep in mind that you don’t have to be living near the coast to be an Ocean Guardian; actions such as reducing plastic use, consuming responsibly grown/caught ocean products, and curbing your energy use will all help contribute to a healthier ocean.
The contest consists of two categories: BEST ACTIONS and BEST IDEAS. Contestants in both categories will have the chance to win one of several Bodhi Surf School prizes.
The BEST ACTIONS category allows you to describe things that you have done or are currently doing to help protect and conserve the ocean, and/or to help spread marine conservation and environmental awareness. The aims of this exercise are to:
- recognize the small or large actions that you are undertaking for our planet
- encourage innovation and thinking outside the box when it comes to finding environmental solutions
- identify actions that are simple to duplicate over time and space
The BEST IDEAS category is designed for you to explain the great ideas for marine conservation and ocean awareness that you have in mind, but have not yet put into action. The aims of this exercise are to:
- recognize your good ideas and motivate you to carry them out
- share those ideas in a way that encourages others
- promote new ideas
The prizes for BEST ACTIONS are the following:
- 1st place – A FREE one-week Holistic Yoga and Surf vacation or Inner Surfer Surfing vacation with lodging at the Bodhi Bungalow
- 2nd place – 25% discount on a one-week Holistic Yoga and Surf vacation or Inner Surfer Surfing vacation with lodging at the Bodhi Bungalow
- 3rd place – 10% discount on a one-week Holistic Yoga and Surf vacation or Inner Surfer Surfing vacation with lodging at the Bodhi Bungalow
The prizes for BEST IDEAS are the following:
- 1st place – 10% discount on a one-week Holistic Yoga and Surf vacation or Inner Surfer Surfing vacation with lodging at the Bodhi Bungalow
- 2nd place – Bodhi Surf School t-shirt and ten (10) high-resolution digital images of Bahia Ballena flora and fauna
- 3rd place – Ten (10) high-resolution digital images of Bahia Ballena flora and fauna
To participate, contestants must do the following:
- Sign the Ocean Guardian Pledge, if you haven’t already done so
- Submit your ACTION or IDEA entry form (see details below)
Contestants may submit entries into either or both categories; however, contestants are only eligible to claim one prize. In the event that one individual is selected a winner in both categories, the individual will be given the opportunity to select from claiming one of his/her corresponding prizes. By submitting your Action and/or Idea you consent that the description and location of where your action and/or idea is performed may be republished by Bodhi Surf School in order to promote innovative ideas and encourage others to get involved.
Vacation prizes are scheduled based on availability. Vacation discount applies to individual winner only, prizes are non-transferable. Vacation prize travel must be completed by November 30, 2014. Travel companions of prize winners must pay regular Bodhi Surf vacation prices.
Contestants must provide their full name, email, and location of where their ACTION or IDEA is (to be) carried out. No personal information is ever shared outside of Bodhi Surf, nor is personal information ever sold to third-parties.
Bodhi Surf employees and their family members’ entries are welcome but not eligible for prizes.
Contest Submittal Period
Submissions will be accepted from November 1, 2013 – January 15, 2013.
Winners will be announced January 31, 2014.
How To Submit Your ACTION or IDEA
To submit ACTIONS:
Fill out the ACTIONS Entry Form, which consists of your contact information, a maximum 500 word description of your action, and two (2) photos of yourself executing your action (or your action being executed).
To submit IDEAS:
Click Here and fill out the form to submit your idea.
How Your ACTION or IDEA Will Be Judged
Judges will enjoy ACTIONS and IDEAS that are:
- Relevant to the Ocean Guardian Pledge
- Easy to duplicate
- Simple, yet impactful
Judges are members of the Bodhi Surf Advisory Board and recognized Bodhi Surf Ocean Guardians.