Since opening in 2010, we have had a shared vision of providing an affordable and homey lodging option that is consistent with our vision of simplicity and environmental consciousness. This vision does not consist of “modern adornments” (such as flat-screen TVs), but rather a mellow vibe, quaint setting, and warm, personalized service. This vision is now a reality!
The Bodhi Surf Lodge, set to open in late November 2014, is comprised of four lodging options, a common area, and a yoga center.
- Bungalow Gratitud — the largest of the four options, this bungalow has two queen beds which can accommodate up to four people, and contains a well equipped kitchenette
- Bungalow Espiritu — a smaller version of Bungalow Gratitud, this bungalow contains one queen bed and a small kitchenette – making it the perfect choice for a couple
- Room Armonia — a private hotel-style room with a full-sized bed which can accommodate one or two people, located on the second level of a two-story structure
- Room Amistad — a shared room that can accommodate up to four guests is great option for single travelers, located on the second level of a two-story structure
- Rancho Serenidad — a two-story structure containing the Bodhi Shambala Yoga Studio on the top-level and a relaxing reading area on the ground level
- Common Area Alegria — a social area that contains a kitchen and dining area, located on the ground level of a two-story structure, with Room Armonia and Room Amistad located on the top-level
Located in the heart of the community of Bahia Ballena, the Bodhi Surf Lodge is within walking distance to most everything you could need during a week-long stay with us. The beach is a 20-minute walk from the Bodhi Base, grocery stores are about a 15-minute walk, and restaurants are anywhere between a 5 to 20-minute walk.
- Secure parking
- Hot water
- Common area
- Yoga platform
You will never find any area of Bodhi Surf School to be excessive or cluttered, either visually or physically. One of our highest values is that “less is more”, and these are words that we all try to live by every day. We encourage our guests to enjoy the many sights, smells, tastes, and sounds of the area, and to really feel — without too many “modern” distractions — what life is like here.
Our three themes for building and decor have been:
And we hope that it shows!