We have had a fantastic year, largely due to our awesome family, friends, fans, followers, and fellow surfers/travelers/adventurers/______ (fill in the blank). What started out as a simple idea… to help people learn to surf, connect with nature, learn a bit about the ocean (and themselves in so doing)… has become a reality! So more than anything, we want to extend our gratitude to everyone who was a part of our 2011.
We had a big year in 2011, and we wanted to put our favorite moments from the year in one place. So, here is the list of the moments from last year that we are the happiest/most proud/most excited about:
- We continued our work with Grupo SURF
- We spearheaded the Biogarden project at the local elementary school, La Flor de Bahia (more pictures here)
- We participated in the Third Annual Whale and Dolphin Festival — Coastal Cleanup Day
- We attended the Conferencia Latinoaméricana 2011 de GIS along with Grupo SURF
- In January, Bodhi Surf received the “Making A Difference” award from SustainableTrip.Org
- We closed 2011 having the #1 spot on Tripadvisor.com for Attractions in Uvita, thanks to the wonderful commentaries of our past clients
- Bodhi Surf School welcomed their newest member (and the world welcomed its next surfer girl) with the birth of Maya Paz
- Gibran and Adrianne finally made it down to Bahia Ballena, Costa Rica and the Bodhi Surf team is reunited!